CORE Technology is a hydraulic system that employs COaxial Rescue Equipment hose, couplers, pumps and tools. It allows the rescuer to rethink and simplify extrication techniques and standard operating procedures. CORE Technology is a one hose system, consisting of a high pressure inner hose surrounded and protected by a low pressure outer hose. What makes our coaxial hydraulic hose possible is our patented CORE Technology coupler. These couplers have a built-in, automatic return valve that eliminates the need for a dump valve on the pump, simply connect the hose and you're ready to go.
CORE Technology is significantly faster, easier and safer, allowing rescuers to focus on the rescue operation, not the rescue equipment. Once you work with CORE Technology and discover the unprecedented benefits, you won't want to go back to a twin line system.
- Change tools without returning to the power unit.
Connect and Go
- There is no need to unroll a CORE Technology hose before making your connections. No more twisted or kinked hoses.
Error Proof Connections
- Male & female connectors cannot be connected incorrectly or in the wrong order. Female couplers always connect to the tool and male couplers always connect to the power unit. CORE Technology hoses also include icons and arrows for quick and easy identification.
- 360° swivels on both ends of the hose prevent twisting or kinking.
- Rolling up a CORE Technology hose is simple. With a couple of overhand or underhand flicks of the wrist, the hose is coiled and ready for storage.
Reduced Weight & Space
- Compared to a twin line hose of equal length, CORE Technology hose weighs approx. 40% less and the flexible design allows it to be coiled into a much tighter roll, making it easier to manage and store. Without pigtails, CORE Technology tools take up less compartment space and weigh less.
- With CORE Technology hoses, the high pressure line is completely protected by the low pressure return line. The maximum a rescuer could be exposed to is 25 bar - 363 psi.
Para-Aramid Yarn Reinforced
- A CORE Technology hose does not use any steel wire for reinforcement, making it highly flexible and kink resistant. Both inner and outer hoses have a 4:1 safety ratio.
Fewer Hoses in The Action Circle
- A single smooth hose, compared to twin line hoses with Oetiker clamps, reduces trip hazards and snag points. Hot-swappable power allows multiple tool operation from one hose, and prevents unnecessary travel to and from the power unit.